Thursday, November 17, 2011

Angel McAdoo

Want to learn more about our Student Assistant, Angel McAdoo? You're in the right place!

Q: Why did you want to work for Project CONNECT?
A: I really enjoyed the program. I was aiming to work for nonprofits when I finished my degree and this was a good opportunity to get an idea of how they worked.  I was very comfortable in the office so I knew that I would enjoy working for them.


Q: What are your day to day job duties?
A: Entering contacts in Blumen, arranging files and books, making sure files are in order.


Q: Are there any special projects/services that you also work on?
A: I am currently working on constructing workshops fueled towards Seniors, Freshman, and for those who fear Public Speaking. I will also tutor or edit papers when necessary or help host events.


Q: What is your major?
A: Psychology


Q: What do you want to do after you graduate?
A: Work for a nonprofit helping either juveniles or battered women.


Q: Where are you from?
A: Tomball, TX


Q: What do you miss most about high school?
A: Being in the fine arts. I miss choir and art.


Q: What do you miss most about your hometown?
A: The people I know there.


Q: What do you like best about college?
A: The amount of freedom that I have to excel myself without outside pressure.


Q: What do you like best about Huntsville?
A: It has a lot of different feel without losing the small town feel that I had in Tomball.


Q: What is the strangest or most interesting thing you’ve seen or place you’ve been to while at SHSU?
A: I’ve been to the museum next to campus. I really enjoy the peacefulness of the area.


Q: What is your favorite free thing to do on campus?
A: the carnival


Q: What do you normally do on the weekends?
A: work my family’s business, do homework, relax when I have time with friends.


Q: Do you have any pets?
A: yes, I have adopted my roommate's cat.


Q: Do you have any siblings?
A: yes, one older brother who is 43


Q: What has been the best moment of your life so far?
A: Best moment so far had to of been when I was in high school I worked very hard for 6 years (jr high through senior year of high school) in choir to be in a top choir. I was accepted into honor choir my sophomore year and by senior year my choir was one of the top 10 in Texas and I was finally able to perform in front of all music teachers in Texas at the TMEA conference in San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment