Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Leland Bruce



Get to know, Leland Bruce, Peer Mentor for Project CONNECT!

Q: Why did you want to become a Project CONNECT Peer Mentor?
A: I enjoy helping people and I wanted to give back to the organization that helped me get to where I am today.

Q: What do you like best about being a Peer Mentor?
A: Seeing my students become successful, not just class but in their everyday life.

Q: What group do you mainly mentor?
A: Males

Q: What is your major?
A: Mass Communication (Broadcast Journalism)

Q: What do you want to do after you graduate?
A: Pursue a career in the sports media field and eventually become a Lead Director.

Q: Where are you from?
A: Dallas, Texas

Q: What do you miss most about high school?
A: Playing Basketball

Q: What do you miss most about your hometown?
A: The food and my family

Q: What do you like best about college?
A: The exposure to a variety of many different cultures, events, and activities. 

Q: What do you like best about Huntsville?
A: The support the university gets from the City of Huntsville.

Q: What is the strangest or most interesting thing you’ve seen or place you’ve been to while at SHSU?
A: I would definitely have to say the Sam Houston Camp Grounds would be the most interesting place I’ve been to while at the university.

Q:  What is your favorite free thing to do on campus?
A: Go to the gym and workout and play basketball.

Q: What do you normally do on the weekends?
A: Work at Olive Garden in Conroe.

Q: Do you have any pets?
A: I have one dog (German Rottweiler) named Blade, who was born Christmas 2010.

Q: Do you have any siblings?
A: I’m an only child.

Q: What has been the best moment of your life so far?
A: I’ve had so many great moments in my life I really can’t just pick one. 

Thanks, Leland! Be sure to stop by during Leland's Office Hours to say "hi". 

No comments:

Post a Comment