Friday, November 18, 2011

Sheryl Teague

Q&A Session with Peer Mentor, Sheryl Teague:

Q: Why did you want to become a Project CONNECT Peer Mentor?
A: I wanted to become a Peer Mentor for the opportunity to help others and help make their experience at SHSU the best possible. 

Q: What do you like best about being a Peer Mentor?
A: What I like best about being a Peer Mentor is the relationships built with my mentees and the fact that they trust me enough to come to me when they need help or just need someone to talk to.

Q: What group do you mainly mentor?
A: I mainly mentor first time freshman.

Q: What is your major?
A: My major is Criminal Justice with minors in Psychology and Political Science.

Q: What do you want to do after you graduate?
A: I do not know exactly what I want to do after I graduate, but I do know that I want to make a difference in at least one person’s life.

Q: Where are you from?
A: I am from Waco, TX.

Q: What do you miss most about high school?
A: What I miss most about high school is the Friday night lights and how my community stood behind our football team no matter what.

Q: What do you miss most about your hometown?
A: What I miss most about my hometown is my old job at Champs and the wonderful people I got to work with.

Q: What do you like best about college?
A: What I like best about college is the chance to do anything or be anybody you want to be.

Q: What do you like best about Huntsville?
A: What I like best about Huntsville is the small town feel and how the community supports our school.

Q: What is the strangest or most interesting thing you’ve seen or place you’ve been to while at SHSU?
A: The strangest thing I have seen while in Huntsville is the squirrels.

Q: What is your favorite free thing to do on campus?
A: My favorite thing to do on campus is play loteria hosted by the Program Council.

Q: What do you normally do on the weekends?
A: On the weekends I normally work and go to any sporting event that may be going on.

Q: Do you have any pets?
A: I do not have any pets even though I want a puppy.

Q: Do you have any siblings?
A: I have two siblings, a sister who is 17 and will be a freshman at SFA next fall and a brother who is 6.

Q: What has been the best moment of your life so far?
A: I can not pick a specific moment in my life that I can say is the best, each day is a gift.

Hope you enjoyed getting to know Sheryl! Thanks, Sheryl!

No comments:

Post a Comment