Tuesday, November 15, 2011

James Whitla

 
Get to know James Whitla, tutor for Project CONNECT!

Q: Why did you want to become a Project CONNECT Tutor?
A: I became a Project CONNECT tutor to help give students a better understanding of the material he/she is learning in his/her classes. Collegiate classes are difficult and I am here to help.

Q: What do you like best about being a Tutor?
A: I love it when a student learns something that he/she didn’t understand before and walks away knowing the material thoroughly.

Q: What subjects do you tutor?
A: I tutor Math, and Physics. I can also help with Paper Edits and Study Skills to improve study habits and confidence in learning course work.

Q: What is your major?
A: My major is Theatre with an emphasis on Acting/Directing.

Q: What do you want to do after you graduate?
A: I want to direct and stage manage film, and stage productions.

Q: Where are you from?
A: I am from Magnolia, Texas.

Q: What do you miss most about your hometown?
A: I miss the large open spaces and isolation feel when living at home.

Q: What do you like best about college?
A: I like knowing that at the end of my college career that I have improved my education very greatly and am ready and confident to work in my field.

Q: What is the strangest or most interesting thing you’ve seen or place you’ve been to while at SHSU?
A: The strangest thing I have seen was an interaction between two people at the LSC Mall area that almost got physical. The verbal argument was very intense before people nearly pushed one another.

Q: What is your favorite free thing to do on campus?
A: I like seeing shows at the Theatre Department.

Q: What do you normally do on the weekends?
A: During my weekends, I work in Downtown Houston,  do homework and sometimes lounge around my apartment here in Huntsville.

Q: Do you have any pets?
A: I don’t have any pets currently.

Q: Do you have any siblings?
A: Yes I do have siblings. I have two brothers and one sister.

Q: What has been the best moment of your life so far?
A: I have too many proud moments of my life to narrow it down to one moment of my life specifically.

Thanks, James!

No comments:

Post a Comment