Thursday, November 17, 2011

Derrick Tate

Project CONNECT's November Student of the Month is Derrick Tate! Congratulations, Derrick!

Q: What is your major?
A: I'm majoring in Biology and minoring in Chemistry with a degree concentration in Pre-Medicine. 

Q: What do you want to do after you graduate?
A: I don’t know really what in the medical field I want to be at the moment, ultimately most of us have aspirations for being a physician, exactly what kind I want to be is still undecided. I would also love to coach football, as a second choice. If you ask anyone who knows me I know my sports and I watch and pick at what football teams do wrong while watching games.

Q: What do you miss most about high school?
A: The things I miss most about high school are my friends and favorite teachers and playing football.

Q: What do you miss most about your hometown?
A: The thing I miss most about my hometown is my family and friends. 

Q: What do you like best about college?
A: The thing I like best about college is the freedom. 

Q: What do you like best about Huntsville?
A: The only thing that I like about Huntsville is that it’s close to my hometown, Houston.

Q: What is the strangest or most interesting thing you’ve seen or place you’ve been to while at SHSU?
A: You don’t even want to know what is the strangest thing I have seen since I’ve been at Sam Houston, trust me.

Q: What is your favorite free thing to do on campus?
A: My favorite free thing to do on campus is going to the tailgates before the football games, there’s free food, prizes, and fun.

Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: I really don’t have a particular favorite movie; my favorite genre is horror or scary movies. I can watch them for hours.

Q: What is your favorite sport?
A: My favorite sport is football; I played it from middle school to high school, and love to watch NFL and college football.  

Q: What is your favorite artist or band?
A: I don’t really have a favorite artist or band; I listen to all kinds of music if it’s good. I listen to country, r&b and hip hop, zydeco, and gospel music.

Q: What do you normally do on the weekends?
A: Normally on some weekends I go home, but if I do stay on campus on some weekends, I typically do nothing, since everybody else go home and there is nothing to do. If there is a Sam Houston sports game I go to them, football, basketball, volleyball, etc.

Q: Do you have any pets?
A: I do not have any pets and haven’t had one since my Rottweiler died my sophomore year in high school. 

Q: Do you have any siblings?
A: I do not have any siblings, I am the only child, but it doesn’t mean I am spoiled if anything I’m far from it.

Q: What has been the best moment of your life so far?
A: The best moment of my life so far is graduating from high school, hopefully in a few years it will be shadowed by another graduation, from college.

No comments:

Post a Comment